2/18/2012

A new top ten

Back in 2007, I made a list of my top ten favorite books. I've read a lot of books since then and I think it requires some revision.

The new list:

1. The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (unchanged)

2. White Fang by Jack London (unchanged)

3. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (unchanged)

4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- NEW! this book has to be on the list for the beautiful descriptions of the sky if nothing else. This is an excellent book and I highly recommend it.

5. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins- NEW! I had to add this one just because of the emotions that it causes.

6. The Princess Bride by William Goldman- NEW! just a classic that I had actually never read. Funny and Entertaining

7. The Giver by Lois Lowry (unchanged)

8. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (unchanged)

9. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas (unchanged)

10. The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale- NEW! I had to put Shannon in here because the language in her books is just so beautiful. Her books are almost more like poetry.

Our choir teacher in high school used to make us play these games "if you were stranded on a deserted island and you could only have 10... books, cds, movies etc." This would be my list of books, only I am cheating because The Wheel of Time is 14 books, The Hunger Games is 3 books...

I don't know that I could do it with movies or CDs. I will have to think about it.

2 comments:

Adam and Debbie said...

I love your list. #4, 5 7 9 and 10 are definitely on my favorites too. I have come to just love reading now that I don't have to do it for school. I always have a book or two by my bed and on any trip. I'll have to read some of those others on your list.

Robin said...

Great list. Making me wonder if I should finally read Count of Monte Cristo. Everything else I've read and LOVED